There will be a 2021 Harvest Home Fair, but it will look a little different this year. As a result of COVID-related concerns and precautions, some of the Fair Favorites won’t be feasible for this year, but many of the familiar favorites will be back and there will even be some new activities for fair goers to look forward to.
Favorites that will be back for 2021 include:
- Harvest Home Parade on Thursday, Sept. 9
- Art Show and Flower Show exhibits/competitions
- Game Booths (including favorites like Ring Toss, Fish Pond and the popular Mouse Game!)
- General Exhibits/Competitions including Fruits and Vegetables, Crafts/Hobbies, and Wine
New Attractions for 2021 include:
- The Reds Hall of Fame and Museum 1869 Reds Stockings vintage baseball team will play a big role in supporting the 2021 Harvest Home Fair through participation in the parade, as well as hosting special events during the weekend of the Fair, like an exhibition game, photos ops and kids activities. Players from the team will also be hosting a booth at the fair all weekend.
- Variety of Food Trucks offering new food options at the Fair
- Artisan Market featuring local crafters/artists showcasing and selling their products
- Carnival Rides – A new selection of carnival rides will be available this year
Not at the 2021 Fair (but hoping will be back in 2022!)
- Kiwanis Kitchen – No food options will be sold in the Harvest Home Lodge, but a variety of food trucks will be available.
- Horse Show – Not available this year
- General Exhibit Competitions – No contests this year for Baked Goods, Salsa, Beer, and Chili
Anyone interested in learning more about how you can help with the 2021 Harvest Home Fair should attend. Alternatively you can sign up to volunteer. You can also follow the Harvest Home Fair on Facebook to keep up with the latest news and events.
Join Us for the 2021 Harvest Home Fair!
Harvest Home Fair - A Brief History
The first Harvest Home Fair dates back to the 1860s when a farmer had a fair for his harvesting on over 60 acres of land he purchased in Green Township. The Fair has been run by the Kiwanis Club of Cheviot since 1939 when that club assumed full leadership.
The fair is considered a success when “Good People” attend. An estimated crowd of 40000 will be in attendance at the Parade and Fair this year. There is something for everyone here. It’s almost impossible for someone to visit the fair and not find something that interests them.
All in all it is expected that the fair this year will be even more successful than the year before. It truly is “The Biggest Little Fair in Ohio.“
We're not the only ones
about Harvest Home Fair...
With over 23 Committees, planning begins in early February. Each Kiwanian is expected to donate at least 16 hours during the fair. However each member usually puts in the time to make the fair as big of a success as the years prior. An estimated 16,000 man hours is contributed each year to the fair by its committee and their families.
Join The Harvest Home Fair Association!Check out the events and exhibits form available for download.
We want your help! Come and share your fresh ideas and energy to make this THE BIGGEST LITTLE FAIR IN OHIO!!!
The Harvest Home Fair Association meets the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 at the The Harvest Home Park Lodge located at 3961 North Bend Road.